workshop FAQ

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

fryin’ fish

my assistant is working on the chalkboard next to me before we head off to brunch & sledding...

well, would you look at that! it’s january of a brand new year!  just so you know, i’ve totally been blogging all along, i didn’t take any unexpected time off durning/after the holidays or anything like that... ahem. (wink wink) 

you see, when i say “blogging”, i mean recording my thoughts into my iphone’s little voice memo app thingamajig that i usually use to capture ada singing silly songs and such, but, you know what? it works perfectly for capturing my thoughts as i’m driving alone. because that’s when i “write” the best. oh, and by “write” i mean record the ideas into my voice memo thingy. problem is, i rarely drive alone these days, as there’s usually with someone singing silly songs at the top of her lungs from the car seat behind me.  i also tend to come up with my best ideas for my “blogging” and  “writing" in the shower and/or when i’m pushing ada in the stroller down a bumpy, busy street as she’s yelling/attempting to escape from said stroller. so there’s that. and so far, i’m not talented enough to “write” (aka record on my voice memo thingy) durning one of those “episodes" of toddlerhood or in the shower for that matter.  

so back to my “writing” of recent blogposts.  yes, i’ve been writing recording them as i have so much to tell you and catch you up on, it’s just that i haven’t sat down to say it all in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. 

the above photo is a good visual representation of the last month or so.  the jumble, the circus, the whirlwind of life over the holidays.  it’s an instagram of ada’s work on my studio chalkboard. i love capturing what she does when we “work” together, although i think she might be the one getting the most “work" done during these times...  oh, did i mention she’s decided that she’s done with napping? yes, we’re in what i am calling a period of adjustment. phew. 

but! the good news is i’m getting there with my new “system” for writing my blogposts, now all i need is an app that can take my voice recordings and translate them into my blogger posts so that i don’t have to sit and listen to myself as retype my words.  is there such a thing?!  i don’t know about you, but i don’t love listening to my own voice, plus i just feel like a weirdo for “blogging” this way.  i digress... 

alright, enough about my silly techniques, enough of the quotes and run-on sentences, i just wanted you to know that i wanted to be here lately, i just have had lots of fish to fry.
 * * *
a few days ago i had a very sweet comment from a reader that really touched me~

Hi Sarah, Missing your posts as they are always so inspirational to read, but I hope all is well with you and your family, and a belated happy new year!

Thanks Sally, you are so kind to write to check in! all’s well, just frying some fish as they say, but your comment made my day month.  it also made me want to come back here and type. i truly appreciate what you wrote and i thank you from the bottom of my heart.  happy new year to you and your family too!  

see you here tomorrow.  
oh, and happy new year to everyone, i hope it’s off to a lovely start! 
xo *s

7 comments:

  1. Yay Yay Yay, so lovely to see your post today - i have been checking in over the past few weeks too. I have a 3 yr old who is also done with napping (since 18 months, sob) so i loved today's post, i can totally relate. Looking forward to fish being fried and to the time when you get a chance to do the playing back thoughts and turning into writing thing. Happy Belated New Year to you also. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! So good to hear from you!! I was just thinking about you....going through some my goodies that I've gotten from you to use in a project I was working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also check in regularly and am glad to see you back. As a mother and now grandmother of two little girls I am amazed that you find the time to work that you do. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah. Welcome back. Just to let you know that my parcel arrived this week. Love it and look forward to creating some artwork. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to record those magical moments of thought. I talk to myself all the time... maybe I should start recording as well! I love Ada's artwork. My Bea has the most delightful way of seeing the world as well. Her art inspires me so much and making art with her is one of the best parts of my life. Glad to see your post and looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah you're back! Yay! So nice to read your post and lovely of you to mention my comment, but just glad all ok with you. Know what you mean about working with little people around....it's hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. tarpon fly fish

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for saying hello! i do my best to reply to comments, please know i read and appreciate each and every one! xo *s